Aircraft Insurance: What are the aircraft use options?
A wide variety of aircraft uses can be insured including:
- Private, pleasure and business
- Commercial (Passenger and / or cargo)
- Rental (Private, pleasure and business only and / or extended uses)
- Instruction (Ab initio and / or advanced)
- Commercial photography
- Aerial survey
- Aerobatics (Aeroplanes Only)
- Glider towing (Aeroplanes Only)
- Non-Pylon Racing (Aeroplanes Only)
- Air Display
- Pipeline Patrol (Helicopter Only)
You can choose the types of use you need when you arrange cover, and you can change your cover at any time. Definitions for each use are available in the Policy Booklet.
If you wish to use the aircraft for a purpose other than listed above (e.g. flying which requires a mountain flying accreditation) we may still be able to help. To request cover for any other use please use our Special Covers facility.
Important - You should not use the aircraft for the required purpose unless cover has been confirmed and is in force.
- Change your password
- View your contact history
- View payment history